Monday, May 21, 2007

Sunday's Tour de Cure

What do you need when you have a slow moving low pressure system advancing upon you from the West and another one moving up from the South? If you are riding with me you also ride with my Weather Team.



Once again the Sisters of Saint Joseph have done a magnificent job of assuring great weather when I ride. The temperatures started in the 50’s and climbed to the 70’s during the day. Clouds? Rain? None of that. Just mostly sunny with low winds. What a day! Thank you Sisters! The rain did come but it was several hours after I finished.

There were a lot of hills on the 67 mile course but with every hill you climb you get to go downhill sometime. My max speed on one downhill registered 38.8 MPH on my bike computer. I know that is probably an average speed for the pros but for this mass in motion it felt great.

Thanks to Wayne Driscoll and his team of volunteers for making a great ride. I look forward to joining them again next year. A lot of work goes into planning and staging an event like this and he did a great job.

No comments: