Wednesday, April 25, 2007

And we are off

Tonight is the start of this blog. Somehow I feel behind before I even start!

Speaking of behind
Because of the poor weather I have not been riding outside as much as I should. My first ride of the year is this Sunday. It is a subscription ride; by that I mean you pay money and you ride. It will be a 100K ride for the Horsham Rotary club and surprisingly it is called The Horsham Rotary River Ride.

My legs should be good because when I am not riding outside I am riding inside a couple of times a week. The part of the anatomy which matches the bicycle seat is what, right now, is in the least amount of shape. For those new to riding the training schedules you view all describe your training in hours not miles. You ride so many hours this day, so many the next, etc. Over the weeks you are spending more and more time in the saddle getting that part in shape.

My rides this year are:

Horsham Rotary River Ride 100K April 29
Ride of Silence and LiveStrong day May 16
Tour de Cure for diabetes 100K May 20
American Cancer Society 100 M July 15 Riding as a volunteer safety
LiveStrong Challenge Philly 100M Aug 26
MS City to Shore 175M Sept 29 & 30
LiveStrong Challenge Austin ?

My sponsors are great. Without them and the money they donate to these charities my riding would be meaningless.

The people I dedicate my rides to are great inspirations to me to do more and push my limits as they do in their lives. You will read more about them along the way.

No comments: