Friday, April 27, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away

I don’t like to ride in the rain. Two years ago I was in the Tour de Cure ride from Baltimore to Washington D.C. It rained over 8” that day and the day before. Local police shut down the roads and so I didn’t get to ride. I waited in the crowd for Lance Armstrong to arrive and talk to us. His first words were, “If this were the Tour de France they would make us ride”. Everyone, including myself called out “Let’s Go!” In the picture I am on the left side, front row by the letter 'e' looking up at the sky.



Ever since then I have a secret team who works to assure that the days I ride will have good weather. They are better than David, Hurricane, Carol and Cecily or any number of forcasters all rolled into one. They are my Weather Team.


These are the Sisters of Saint Joseph who teach at St Luke School in Glenside. From left to right they are: Sister Marie Jude, Sister Sandra Kessler, Sister Michael Eileen, Sister William Adele and Sister Alice. What a great team – and – they don’t even make me stay after to clean the chalk out of the erasers!

No comments: